Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :)

Friday, March 12, 2010

Didnotdidnotdidnot want to transfer that totally awesome retired superhero to that rehab facility. Nor was said retired superhero at peace with the situation. That was for real the hardest to watch. One of the original superheros from waywayway back in the beginning of EMS going to a place like that for post-op rehab.

But I cannotcannotcannot turn to said retired superhero and inform them that their doctor is an idiot and reccommend they transfer to one of what I consider to be the two best rehabs in the city.

Not when said retired superhero is worried enough that they may never be walking again. As in legit scared that said rehab is the end of the line.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not leave your parents alone in those situations. They need someone to hold their hand, and I'm not a very good liar. They need someone to advocate for their care in the long term. I have to leave them once I finish my paperwork. Even if that means leaving them alone, in a strange room, with a plastic bag of their belongings, being straight out ignored by the attending staff.

Because no lie, I left that place wanting to cry. Or punch several medical professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment