Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Emesis

I missed college. I missed classes. I missed my friends. I missed college parties.

I missed volunteering to be vomited on at least once a week with our campus EMS squad. I missed my friends calling my cellphone instead of the Public Safety department and our official dispatchers, in a drunkenly sensible attempt to avoid being "reported" for drinking. Particularly if the soon-to-be patient is underage.

If I'm on duty, I have to radio my partner for backup because we're usually on opposite sides of the campus, and our radio system involves everyone on our frequency hearing everything. Nevermind that I have to call Public Safety anyways to let them know where and what I'm doing.

We are not the FBI. This is not going on your permanent record. You are not going to get expelled. No one is calling your parents. And hopefully no one is using the video recorder on their iPhone.

If you are sick enough to require more medical attention than we can provide, the fire station across the street will be glad to take you to the local ER. It's only 5 minutes away, and we can go with you if you want someone familiar holding back your hair enroute. The firefighters even stock these, just for us college kids. And they order extras right before our big annual parties.



Now that is what I call a good mutual aid relationship. :)

...Just don't puke on the new ambulance.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, for those big college parties...when an icecream pail just won't do!

    ReplyDelete