Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :) Under Construction :)

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Traumatic Brain Injuries

The ABC's of TBI

Compliments of JEMS. :)

I know most of you have already read it, but between the trainee EMT and a head cold, I've been booked. I've got some good ones coming, I promise.

And if you need a laugh, picture this: The projects, a 300 lbs paralyzed dialysis patient on the stretcher, and five steps to go up to get in to the building. Stair chair is not an option (also, would be just as inconvenient). Me, 5'3" tall 105 lbs white girl, crouching down, sticking my butt out and using my entire body weight as leverage to weigh down the front end of the stretcher, and then wiggling backwards so my partner could lift up the back end and roll it forward.

My patient and her HHA were laughing all the way up to their apartment, because apparently I was the funniest one yet. And it got the job done. Double win.

No comments:

Post a Comment